Hi. I’m Kris.
Okay I’ll just lay it out there: I’m absolutely *horrible* at talking about myself. Flashback: 1995. I’m in the office of the manager at my first ever job interview. Manager: “Can you tell me what your greatest attributes are and why you’d be a good addition to the team?”. Me: “Ummm…not really…”. Yeah. Didn’t get that job.
Flash forward 20+ years and I’m in that same boat, apparently. Not for a lack of writing material though…those years were filled with some pretty spectacular experiences. Academically I was all over the place. I graduated high school, joined the job market (found out that wasn’t great), decided I wanted to go back to school, started a career, and finally finished my degree (B.S. in Computer Information Systems from Regis) in 2009. All of that, however, has always taken a back seat to my love of art.
I’ve been drawing and painting since I was a little boy. I became interested in photography through a 9th grade elective at my high school and have been pursuing it in one capacity or another since then. I played in a rock band all over Colorado and parts of the western US. I did freelance web and graphic design for a couple years in there too. Basically I just can’t get enough of being creative. That’s my passion. That’s who I am.
Some fun facts about me:
- I’m happily married to my best friend and personal muse who is also name Kris (well…Kristina…but both Kris with a K…tell me that wasn’t meant to be!)
- We don’t have kids but have two dogs and a cat…and they’re basically the same as kids (sorry, I know people with kids hate when that comparison is made). I absolutely adore almost any animal 🙂
- I absolutely *love* to travel (who doesn’t) and have been to a handful of countries outside the US. My favorite place outside the US is hands down Paris, France (I *will* live there one day). Favorite place inside the US is Nantucket (probably won’t live there…unless I hit the lotto)
- I still play music when I can…it’s extremely cathartic. I’ve even got a piano solo song on iTunes (still working on the album)…you can buy it here if you’re interested 🙂
- I’m thoroughly addicted to making and watching film…definitely consider myself a movie junkie. Roger Deakins and Wes Anderson films make my jaw drop.
- I’m a *total* drone geek. I currently own and fly a DJI Inspire 1 Pro any time I can get free time. Check out my Vimeo page here for some of my stuff.
- Writing a book is on my bucket list…I’ve got about 3 that I’ve started that I’ve told myself I’ll finish before I’m 40. I will!!
- I get sort of a sick high from taking epic photos and developing them afterward. I’m pretty humble about my work and when I make myself smile it’s a pretty great feeling 🙂
Wow…I guess it’s not so bad once you get going. One piece I left off the above list was that I absolutely love life. It’s a pretty amazing time to be alive for the most part and I always look to try and capture that with my camera as best I can.
One last thing: I’m on Facebook and Instagram…so please connect with me there to keep up with my latest endeavors and / or geek out sessions. Thank you so much for visiting my site and for reading!